Montreal - January 9, 2021
As of Saturday, January 9 until February 8, 2021, a curfew will be in effect. Between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Quebecers must not leave their homes except in cases that justify travel.
- a person whose presence is required at the person’s place of work or who is transporting goods needed for the ongoing activities of the person’s enterprise;
- a person who is going to a pharmacy to obtain medication or pharmaceutical, hygienic or sanitary products;
- a person who must go to or return from a hospital, a clinic, or a dentist’s or optometrist’s office;
- a person who must visit a sick or injured parent;
- a student who must participate in a face-to-face evening class or go to a laboratory in a recognized school;
- a parent who must accompany his or her children to the home of the other parent who has custody of them;
- a person who is going to take an inter-regional or inter-provincial bus, a train or a plane for final travel to the person’s destination;
- a person who must go out so that his dog can do its business, within a radius of no more than one kilometre from the person’s place of residence or temporary residence;
- a person who must travel in order to comply with a court judgment, to respond to a summons to appear before a court, or to exercise custody or access rights as a parent;
- a person who must accompany to a medical appointment another person who is unable to drive;
- a parent who must accompany a sick child to the hospital;
- a person travelling to give blood under the supervision of Héma-Québec;
- a parent who must accompany an adolescent to his work.
Police officers will continue to ensure compliance with health measures and can intervene when individuals are outside their homes during curfew hours. Offenders are liable to fines ranging from $1 000 to $6 000 if they are unable to adequately justify why they are outside the home. Young people 14 years of age and over are subject to a $500 fine.
To enable individuals who are travelling during the curfew because of their work to readily demonstrate that such travel is legitimate, employers are asked to complete the “Attestation de l’employeur – Déplacement durant le couvre-feu décrété par le gouvernement du Québec” (available only in French).
Source : Government of Quebec